A 3D printing expert course, pioneer in the medical field and its clinical applications
1 MONTHS / 50 HOURS OF ON SITE TRAINING CLASSES
The Expert Course in Biomedical 3D Printing addresses the implementation of 3D printing in the medical sector from the integration of medicine with engineering. The course covers aspects from the generation of medical images to the different uses of the generated models, physical or virtual through the assistance to surgery through 3D printing.
Among the most current medical applications presented in the course are the design, simulation and 3D manufacturing for biomedical bone and tissue engineering, supports for bio models, preoperative surgical planning and anatomical replicas.
The course can be complemented with other 3D printing speciality courses in: PRODUCT DESIGN FOR 3D PRINTING, STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS FOR 3D PRINTING and METAL 3D PRINTING.
1. INTRODUCTION TO 3D PRINTING IN THE MEDICAL SECTOR
- Introduction to 3D printing in the medical sector
- Surgical planning
- Acquiring medical imagery. Techniques and parameters
- 3D printing techniques for medical applications
- Legal limitations to medical applications
- Guided surgery. Instalations
2. TREATMENT OF MEDICAL IMAGERY
- DICOM. Format, content, treatment and storage
- Segmentation of medical images
- Creation of biomodels from medical images. Methodology and techniques
- Segmentation of medical images with different pathologies: malformations, reconstructions, osteotomies, injuries, oncology…
3. 3D PRINTING APPLICATIONS IN THE MEDICAL INDUSTRY
- Medical application of biomodels. Design and fabrication of biomodels.
- Medical equipment. Applications
- Cutting guides. Design and fabrication
- Materials for medical applications. Biocompatible requirements.
- Design and fabrication of biomodels
- Design and fabrication of cutting guides
- Surgical planning using biomodels and tools manufactured through 3D techniques.
- Fabrication, integration and configuration of a bioprinter head
NEXT EDITION JANUARY 17, 2020
The registration period will end once all the places have been filled.
SATURDAY 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
GORKA GÓMEZ CIRIZA
Head Technitian, laboratory and manufacturing, Fab Lab - HOSPITAL VÍRGEN DEL ROCÍO
NIEVES CUBO MATEO
Scientific Investigator - ICTP-CSIC
Head of Business Development and Strategy - IDONIAL
SANTIAGO MARTÍN IGLESIAS
Head of Additive Engeneering and Prototipes of the General Subdirection of Space Systems - INTA
DANIEL RUBIO GIL
Lead Project Manager - 6Dlab
SERGIO GRANADOS DE MIGUEL
T.E.R in RM y CT - HOSPITAL NTRA. SEÑORA DEL ROSARIO
REQUEST ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Plaza Carlos Trías Bertrán 4,
+34 91 491 2868